Pisa (Italy) Author: Sven Hagenberg Viewed: 245 (3) Comments: 1
Sven Hagenberg 05.07.2009
In the picture is the Palazzo della Carovana (also Palazzo dei Cavalieri) , a palace in Knights` Square. It was built in 1562–1564 by Giorgio Vasari for the headquarters of the Knights of St. Stephen. The façade is characterized by a complex scheme with sgraffitoes representing allegorical figures and zodiacal signs.
Today, it houses parts of the university of Pisa.